Comprehensive Dentistry at its Best!
For improved continuity of care,
we offer one convenient Hickory, NC location for most dental needs.
- Routine Oral Health Check-ups
- Oral Cancer Screenings
- Dental Laser Cavity Detection
- Oral Care Education
- Oral Hygiene Home Kit With Cleanings
- Snoring Treatment
- TMJ Dysfunction or TMD Diagnosis & Treatment
- Tooth Clenching & Grinding
- One Hour Whitening
- 3 Teeth Whitening Options
- Porcelain Veneers (Same Day For Most!)
- Same Day Crowns
- Crowns & Bridges
- Restoring Dental Implants
- Tooth Colored Fillings
- AlloDerm® Tissue Grafting
- Free Gingival Grafting
- Root Canals (Endodontics)
- Partial & Full Dentures
- Periodontal Gum Treatment
Continue reading more details below
about some of the services we offer…
Free Gingival Grafting
Receive better cosmetic results and a faster healing time with Dr. Powell’s unique free gingival grafting technique. Unlike other tissue grafting procedures, Dr. Powell offers a type of grafting using the patient’s own blood platelets to aid in the healing process.
This method also avoids the complications and discomfort associated with other techniques. Used widely in many fields of medicine with excellent results, this is the newest grafting technology offered in the dental field today.
New technology allows patients the luxury and convenience of having a quality crown made and placed the same day with in-office computer scanning and fabrication.
Porcelain veneers, sometimes called porcelain laminates, are wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front surface of your teeth to improve your appearance. These shells are bonded to the front of the teeth, changing their color, shape, size, or length.
Veneers help people keep their smile bright at any age. Plus, Dr. Powell offers same-day porcelain veneers for most patients to save you an extra trip. If you have been considering porcelain veneers, contact us today to learn more.
- One Hour Whitening – The Sapphire Teeth Whitening System uses a very powerful Sapphire Plasma Arc Light along with a professional grade teeth whitening gel to achieve remarkable results in only an hour!
- Sheer White Strips – These strips apply to the teeth, adapt to the teeth, and stay on the teeth even while talking. The thin, tight-fitting films stay where they belong, increasing the effectiveness of the whitening process. The carbamide peroxide gel remains active for as long as 6 hours for longer wear and faster whitening. The carbamide peroxide gel remains active for as long as 6 hours for longer wear and faster whitening.
- Flexible Whitening Trays –
Dr. Powell also offers Flexible Whitening Trays, which are custom made and can be worn overnight or for at least 2 hours once per day. These trays use a whitening ingredient that can be placed on all of the teeth or some of the teeth, depending on the desired results.
A constricted or collapsed airway causes snoring. When the jaw opens and the tongue slides into the back of the throat, the airway narrows, forcing air through the small opening. This creates vibrations in the throat known as snoring.
Dr. Powell treats snoring with a custom-made appliance that holds the lower jaw in a forward position so that it does not fall open during the night and cause the airway to collapse. This removable device maintains a clear airway to reduce snoring and improve breathing.
Ask us how this custom-made appliance can help you or your loved one get the rest needed to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
If you experience any of the below symptoms of Temperomandibular Joint Dysfunction Syndrome commonly referred to as TMJ or TMD, ask Dr. Powell about treatment options to help you live life to the fullest.
- Pain or tenderness in the face, jaw joint, neck and shoulders, and in or around the ear when you chew, speak, or open your mouth wide.
- Limited ability to open the mouth very wide.
- Jaws that get “stuck” or “lock” in the open or closed position
- Clicking, popping, or grating sounds in the jaw join when opening or closing the mouth (which may or may not be accompanied by pain).
- A tired feeling in the face.
- Difficulty chewing or a sudden uncomfortable bite, as if the upper and lower teeth are not fitting together properly.
- Swelling on the side of the face.
- Toothaches, headaches, neckaches, dizziness, earaches, hearing problems, upper shoulder pain, and ringing in the ears (tinnitis).